Professor: Rev. Dr. Sacha Walicord (USA)
Time: November 23, 18:00 – 21:00 (2021)
November 27, 09:00 – 12:00
December 9, 18:00 – 21:00
December 13, 18:00 – 21:00
December 16, 18:00 – 21:00
Place: Akas street 13, Riga. Registration necessary for
Language: English, with simultaneous translation in Russian
Former professor at Dordt University, Sioux Center, (Iowa, USA), Rev. Dr. Sacha Walicord is the Pastor of Walker United Reformed Church (URCNA), Grand Rapids, Michigan. He is a visiting professor at the Reformed Theological Seminary, Giessen, Germany and has also taught before at the Baltic Reformed Theological Seminary.
1. Reformed theology of corporate worship with an emphasis on covenant theology.
1.1. The Importance of Corporate Worship: Shaping God’s People
1.2. The Guide for Corporate Worship: All Scripture
1.3. The Purpose of Corporate Worship: Covenant Renewal
1.4. The Covenant and Worship: Five-Part Order
2. Order and elements of historic Reformed worship.
3. Practical steps for planning and leading worship.
4. Reformed theology of the sacraments.
5. Pastoral matters related to the administration of the sacraments.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS:
Attendance of all class sessions, unless there is a valid reason for absence.
1. Course Syllabus.
2. Rayburn, Robert G., O Come, Let Us Worship – Corporate Worship in the Evangelical Church- Chapters 1,6,7.
Reading report on the reading assignment #2
Post-course assignment – “Compose a sample order of a worship service”
In English/Latvian: email@example.com (Riga);
In Russian: firstname.lastname@example.org (Saint Petersburg)